Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A short addendum

I almost forgot, yesterday I ran into an English fellow on my way from Hakata to Ube. He's an engineer for the Ube chemical company and was coming into town to do some stuff with spectrometers. I couldn't tell if he worked for them directly or was consulting; he'd been living in otkyo for about eight years, traveled all around Japan, and to Taiwan and Korea. He gave me some beer reccommendations based on his personal, extensive research and expressed sympathy from his Tokyo viewpoint that I was living in Ube. Nice fellow. Also, I was pretty dissapointed by the train ride from here to Hakata, because I had thought that the Shinkansen went over the bridge and I would get to see Shimonoseki straight from the window, but unfortunately, it was a tunnel. Which is cool too I guess, but not so much from inside the train. But now it's time to try and figure out my recycling and get ready to go to Hiroshima today.

1 comment:

  1. yeah the shinkansen is often in tunnels or with walls or something to reduce noise or something?

    ReplyDelete