Thursday, January 12, 2006

Volunteering is an amazing way to gain experience

Well, after asking around I found out where the community radio station in Ube is, and today I marched down there and talked to them. I told them I used to work at a radio station in America and was interested in learning about radio in Japan; they gave me a tour and we chatted some and I asked about volunteering here. It seems now that I might be able to get a volunteer position running the board there at KiRaRa 80.4 FM, and maybe even doing remote broadcasts at Fuji Grand. I gave them my phone number and e-mail address and they said they'll call, it's looking good, but we'll see how this pans out. I'm realizing that if I want to do this tough, I'm really going to have to work on my Japanese, so I'm going to try and find some radio vocabulary online.

3 comments:

  1. わーーーー!!すごいねぇ!!!
    im so excited for you~~!!!!!!

    keep updating!!!

    kayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. neonvirus.com says...

    well, i already told you this but... AWESOME! YOU ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you hosted a radio show about Japanese music in America. Will you host a radio show about American music in Japan?

    ReplyDelete