Monday, January 23, 2006

There is no nicotine in Japanese engergy drinks

I'd like to begin with an apology to all of those I (and Dansen, I'm dragging you into this as you pointed it out to me originally) may have mislead about the presence of nicotine in Japanese energy drinks or gums. On the back of the drink, the label reads nikochin san amido (ニコチン酸アミド), which translates as niacinamide, a variant of nicotinic acid, which in turn is the chemical name for Vitamin B3. So, as it turns out, these drinks (aside from the occasional presenc of caffeine), are non addictive and fortified with vitamins. I decided to do this research when after glancing at the amounts of "nicotine" contained in each bottle I realized that it would half to equal at least three cigarrettes, and in some cases upwards of half a pack, clearly dangerous doses. Couple this with no age restrictions on their purchase and it just didn't smell right. So, I hope to have set the record straight, and I apologize again to anyone who I may have confused.

2 comments:

  1. neonvirus.com says... dont belive what you read!!!! THERES SOMETHING ADDICTIVE IN THEM!! MIND CONTROLING AGENTS MAYBE!! hmm weird i am so addicted to those things, just the caffinee? i want one now! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think we figured that one out a little while ago. Looks like you didn't break any laws when you brought them back to the states.

    ReplyDelete