Thursday, October 05, 2006

Artistical

Of the escape variety.
I've known for some time that Daisuke (not pictured) keeps handcuffs at Bigi. I was out for a nightcap after sushi the other night and deicded to play around with them a little. Borrowing a hairpin from my neighbor I worked out the mechanism, then I made a bet with Daisuke.
"If I can get out of these in under ten minutes, you credit me a drink, if not, I buy you one."
Daisuke is a gambling man (he has a slot machine in the bar) so he snapped up the offer without hesitation. He then locked up both of my hands. Tight. Painfully tight. With the keyholes facing inwards, it was more difficult than I expected. I quickly found myself in need of refreshment so I ordered an awamori mizuwari (cut with water), with a straw.
I was out of the cuffs in four minutes and out of the bar an hour later with a cheaper tab than I expected.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to get your call the other day. I hope things are going well. Excellent choice with your gamble. I hope you never have to use that skill again.

    Also, I've decided that Anthony Bourdain is you in 20 years. Think about it.

    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I saw knew you would be able to do that bet with out having to read your comment that you did it. hehehe ;) go evanders!

    ReplyDelete