Friday, June 30, 2006

I flagrantly broke a minor law today

Sure, I've been stopped by the police in Japan. Each time it has happened, bicycles were involved; once on an occasion of some, albeit minor, interest, and more recently for having a broken headlight. But, both times I was leto f with smiles and soft warnings to avoid repeating my transgressions. However, today was another story. It was raining, and I, not wanting to get wet, purposely made my ride home more difficult, but more comfortable by riding while simultaneously operating my vehicle and holding an umbrella. Yes, I joined all of the other bike riding citizens of Ube and risked a police stop and possible fine by keeping dry.
I will admit though that I was riding home from picking up my umbrella at the store where I forgot it a week ago.

4 comments:

  1. neonvirus.com says.... so... you did have to pay a fine? did they put you in cuffs? heheh police brutality? they beat you up and demand a bribe? hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Evan, you are such a law breaker!!! You know you live for the thrill of the cops coming to catch you breaking a law... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky, I'm not over there drinkin' whiskey or you'd really be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think trouble would happen if you were drinking anything over here Mr. P

    ReplyDelete