Thursday, April 27, 2006

An elevator ride

I was just headed out to the 7 & i-holdings (that's 7-11 to those of you stateside), when I ran into one of my neighbors in the elevator. An elderly gentleman. We had a pleasant chat about the weather, I said goodbye and wandered off towards the convenience store. It struck me then that it ws odd to see a man in his early seventies headed out at one in the morning. But then, I thought of my friend Hide Aniki. He's seventy-six with diabetes and I have ran into him several times at Joker's. He is always in the process of ordering drinks and food for himself, the bartenders and those sitting near him. He's seen me going into the Fuji Grand for work several times now and always calls out to say hello. Truly a friendly man.

1 comment:

  1. Take Hide's picture.. he sounds like a funny crusty old man.. i like japanese old people, they cools yo. also points for all your funky delicnew pics. that panda scares me, i have scary dreams now. where you meet the frenchy? why he in japaners?

    ReplyDelete