Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Why Daisuke is the coolest bartender in town (sorry Ezra)


I was just settling into bed with a book last night when my phone rang. It was Daisuke, the bartender at Healing Box Bigi. The conversation went as follows (in Japanese [I speak in blue]):

"Hello?"
"Hi, this's Daisuke"
"This is Evan"
"What're you doing?"
"I was just about to go to sleep"
"Well, this really cute girl just walked in to the bar, I was telling her about my cool friend Evan, so I think you should come down to the bar tonight."
"Aw, man, Daisuke, I'd love to, but I gotta work early tomorrow."
"That's terrible."
"Yeah, I know man, but watcha gonna do?"
"Yup, well, I'll call you later I guess."
"Right on. Night."
"Night."

Now, of course, this is just an approximation based on memory and translation. But, I got the important part right.
Daisuke has never called me before.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! How could you not go for that! Rule number one: always blow off the sleep when you have any possibility of anything with a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete